Gin and dark chocolate are two of our favourite things and this chocolate and gin truffles recipe is the perfect way to combine them.
Something a little different for Gin Explorers today, the addition of the X Gin in this month’s box got us thinking about two of people’s favourite things…gin and chocolate and we wondered how we could combine the two.
We’ve made these delicious truffles before at Christmas but used Baileys as the alcoholic base. We thought we would try the recipe with the gin and we were not disappointed with the results!
- 100g dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 50g unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp gin – we used X Gin from this month’s box
- ½ lime – zest & juice
- Cocoa powder
- Break the chocolate into pieces and add to a bowl with the cream. Allow this to gently melt by putting the bowl on top of a pan of simmering water (ensuring the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water).
- Chop the butter into small pieces so that it melts quickly and add to the chocolate cream mix. Keep stirring until you have a glossy, smooth mix.
- Add the gin, lime zest and juice and whisk together. The consistency should turn slightly thicker.
- Spoon into a sealable container and chill in the fridge overnight.
- The following day, take teaspoon size amounts from the bowl and roll into balls.
- Put them onto a plate lined with baking paper and chill for another hour.
- Finally, sieve the cocoa powder into a bowl and roll the truffles in the cocoa to cover.
- Sit down, relax and indulge.
These would make a great present for someone – if you could bear to part with your gin!
And remember: Look for the code in this month’s box to get 10% off a full bottle of X Gin from www.ginfestival.com