Not only are the British tea obsessed, we’re also becoming gin obsessed – so how about we combine those two traditions with an Earl Grey MarTEAni?
Is there anything more quintessentially British than a good old cup of tea? English breakfast tea in the morning followed by a cup of Early Grey in the afternoon is quite traditional.
If you’ve subscribed to the January Gin Explorer Box, you will have received 2 sample tea bags from the English Tea Shop so we thought we’d take the tea theme and mix it with a gin theme! The subtle botanicals in the gin pair nicely with the earl grey and lemon flavours, making this a very delicate and aromatic cocktail.
- 50ml gin (with it’s Earl Grey botanicals, FEW Breakfast Gin would work perfectly.)
- 35ml strong cold Earl Grey tea
- 20ml lemon juice
- 12.5ml sugar syrup
- ½ free-range egg white (If the thought of a raw egg turns your tummy slightly, you can leave it out, the egg that adds the frothiness on top)
- Lemon, to garnish
- Make the earl grey tea strong (the stronger, the tea, the more intense the flavour) and leave to cool completely
- In a cocktail shaker, put the gin, cold tea, lemon juice, sugar syrup and egg white
- Shake it, shake it, shake it!!
- Double strain into a martini glass
- Garnish with either a twist of lemon peel or a slice